Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Reading about DC in DC ...

When I was a kid, my father told me the story of the snowstorm that hit DC on the eve of JFK's inauguration -- all the empty dance halls inviting people off the streets, the abandoned cars, the motorcade driving through the park -- lights swirling as it rocketed by. A young patent attorney at the time, my father was trapped on a bus and finally got out and walked home, for miles. I never forgot it and thought it'd be a great night for two people's lives to be tied together. It's now part of ALL OF US & EVERYTHING. 

So, DC, I'll be reading in DC about DC next Monday at the PEN/Faulkner Hardison series at the Folger Shakespeare Library. Click the pic below for more info. 

(Delighted to be reading alongside the amazing Laura Kasischke.)