Saturday, October 27, 2012

Random Quotes Saturday.

On being in Massachusetts for a prolonged period after being in Florida for 8 years, the children are trying to adapt.


The 5 year old says, "When's it going to be morning?"
"It's noon. It was just morning, this morning."
"But when's it going to be shiny morning?"
"Are you asking when the sun is going to shine?"
"Yes! When is it going to be sunshining?"
"Well, you're used to being in a state called the Sunshine State so it was usually sunny there and here's it's not."
"What's this called? The Dark State?"


Sometimes I Regret Raising Children with Opinions and Critical Thinking Skills: PART I

I put on an ankle length sweater-skirt the other night to go to my 15 year old's play. 
The 5 year old walks in, grabs it, and screams then makes gaggy noises. 
"Is something wrong with my skirt?" 
"No, it's fine." 
Huh. I walk downstairs, a little nervously. 
The 17 year old looks at me and says, "No, mmm-mmm. No. It's a little to Massachusetty," except she switches the syllables for effect. 
"Really?" I say and recount the 5 year old's reaction. 
Then the 12 year old boy walks by, minding his own business, and says, sarcastically, "Wow,  that's sweatertastic." 

 
Sometimes I Regret Raising Children with Opinions and Critical Thinking Skills: PART II

 Few days later, my 15 year old walks in and says, "So what's going on with your hair?"
"Nothing. I don't think."
"I mean, are you like doing it for charity or something?"
"Doing what for charity? My bad hair? What charity?"
"I don't know. Maybe something about empowering women to insist that it's what's on the inside that matters?"