Monday, February 21, 2011

Getting played (hard) by a three-year-old.

"Can we organize the house?" the three year old asks.

"What do you mean?" I say, as if I don't know.

"Like c-lean it?"

"Go to town! Have at it! You can do it yourself."

"I want you to help me," he says.

"I can't right now. I have a bellyache." This isn't a complete lie. (This vaguely reminds me of a conversation with my mother.)

"You're mean."

"That's not nice."

"I'm never gonna be your snuggle bear again! Not ever ever again!"

"Yes you will."

"No I won't."

About a half hour passes. He comes back. "How do you spell 'I don't like you'?"

"I d o n t l i k e y o u. Are you writing this in a letter to give to me?"


"I won't be a party to this!" I say.

"I'm going to mail it to somebody else."


Time passes...

He gets in my lap, hugs me, and says, "I love you."

"I love you too."

"How do you spell bad words?"