Here's a 1/2 Dozen for novelist Julie Buxbaum who offers as a backward-glancing definition of inspiration,HERE GOES:
advice on love ...
"we are all a tribe of a certain kind of good crazy"
and a glimpse into her upcoming novel
THE MODERN GIRL'S HANDBOOK
from a sleep-deprived life amid diapers .
1. I despise the pervasive myth of inspiration – the idea that an entire book can exist simply because of an accumulation of inspired ideas – but I don’t deny that inspiration exists. There are things that have no other explanation. Was there a singular moment of inspiration for this book?
2. Some writers hate to write. Other writers love being engaged in the creative process. How would you describe your relationship with the page?
3. What’s your advice to someone who’s fallen in love with a writer?
4. Pep talk (or bootie-kicking) for the downhearted writer. Let fly.
5. Research. We all have to do it. Sometimes it’s delicious, sometimes brutal. Tell us a tale from the research trenches.
6. Are you bloggish? Why?
I started blogging this summer at Julie Has Writer's Blog (www.juliebuxbaum.com/blog) and I'm loving it. I find it a great outlet for all the words and thoughts and essays that form in my head but aren't relevant to my book. I use it as a palate cleanser in a way. Even better, it's a great way for me to interact directly with readers, which is one of my favorite parts of being a writer.